The Society of Obstetric Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (SOMANZ) will hold its Annual Scientific Meeting at the Pullman International Hotel, Cairns from 13 - 15 July 2018.
The program has been developed to highlight the important nexus between pregnancy and pre-existing medical disorders as well as the medical complications that can result from pregnancy. A key focus of this year’s meeting will be on the haematological aspects of obstetric medicine, pre-eclampsia, and other complex medical complications as they relate to pregnancy. Specific themes of the meeting include:
• Venous thromboembolism
• Anticoagulant therapy in pregnancy
• Multidisciplinary management of obstetric haemorrhage
• Patient blood management
• Tranexamic acid for obstetric haemorrhage
• Management of anaemia in pregnancy
• Rhesus isoimmunisation
• The role of biomarkers in predicting pre-eclampsia
• Novel therapies for preeclampsia
• Long term consequences of pre-eclampsia
• Cell free fetal DNA testing
We look forward to seeing you in Cairns!
Conference Chair, Annual Scientific Meeting 2018